VISITORS

Friday, February 11, 2011

當我老了……When i'm old……

當我老了
When I'm old.

當我老了
When i grow old
請理解我,對我有一點耐心。
Please understand and be patient with me
當我把菜湯灑到自己的衣服上時,當我忘記怎樣繫鞋帶時,
When i spilled soup on my shirt, when i forgot how to tie my shoe lace,
請想一想當初我是如何手把手地教你。
Please think of how i teach you when you were young.
當我一遍又一遍地重複你早已聽膩的話語,
When i kept on repeating the word that you are tired of hearing,
請耐心地聽我說,不要打斷我。
Please listen with patient, do not interrupt.
你小的時候,我不得不重複那個講過千百遍的故事,直到你進入夢鄉。
When you were young, i had to repeat the same story over and over again until you're asleep.
當我需要你幫我洗澡時,
When i need you to bathe for me,
請不要責備我。
Please don't blame me.
還記得小時候我千方百計哄你洗澡的情形嗎?
Do you still remember i tried my best to ask you to bathe when you were small?
當我對新科技和新事物不知所措時,
When I'm having problem with the new technology and new things,
請不要嘲笑我。
Do not laugh at me.
想一想當初我怎樣耐心地回答你的每一個「為什麼」。

Please think of how i replied all your "why" with patient when you were young.
當我由於雙腿疲勞而無法行走時,
When my legs are tired and couldn't walk,
請伸出你年輕有力的手攙扶我。
Please reach out your hands and help me.
就像你小時候學習走路時,我扶你那樣。
Just like how i helped you to walk when you were young.
當我忽然忘記我們談話的主題,
When i suddenly forgot the theme of our conversation,
請給我一些時間讓我回想。
Please give me some time for me to remember.
其實對我來說,談論什麼並不重要,只要你能在一旁聽我說,我就很滿足。
In fact, for me, what we're talking about is not important as long as you're by my side to hear what I'm saying, I'm satisfied. 
當你看著老去的我,請不要悲傷。
Please don't be sad when you see me growing old.
理解我,支持我,就像你剛才開始學習如何生活時我對你那樣。
Understand me, support me, like how you start to learn how to live and i taught you that.
當初我引導你走上人生路,如今請陪伴我走完最後的路。
I guided you into the road of life, and now, please accompany me to finish up the rest of my life.
給我你的愛和耐心,我會抱以感激的微笑,這微笑中凝結著我對你無限的愛。
Give me your love and patience, I will appreciate it with a smile, A smile which contained my endless love for you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment